This summer, Camp Taconic is proud to host the 3rd annual #Strides4SCOPE Walk-a-thon! As part of our Leaders In Training program, our LITs will continue their annual tradition of planning, advertising, and executing our #Strides4SCOPE event.
On Friday, August 3rd, the Camp Taconic community will participate in a walk-a-thon event that will raise funds for SCOPE, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide children from underserved communities with life-changing opportunities through the experience of summer camp. The campers are asking you, their parents, family, and friends to sponsor them for this incredible event!
We are proud to share that with your help over the previous 2 walk-a-thons, Camp Taconic has raised over $50,000 in support of SCOPE!
Our goal this year is to raise over $25,000 and Camp Taconic will continue to match donations up to $10,000!
Let’s keep it up and make the dreams of summer camp a reality for the deserving children SCOPE helps to serve! Click here to learn more about SCOPE!
CAMP TACONIC COMMUNITY – LET’S CHANGE A CHILD’S LIFE!
- $1300 will send a child to camp for a two-week session of building lifelong friendships
- $650 will send a child to camp for one week of swimming, soccer and smiles
- $500 will send a child to camp for five days of confidence building
- $100 will send a child to camp for one day of personal growth and fun
- $50 will provide transportation for a camper to go to camp
- $25 will provide art supplies for campers to be creative
SCOPE (Summer Camp Opportunities Promote Education) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide children from underserved communities with life-changing opportunities through the experience of summer camp. SCOPE helps fund camp scholarships (camperships) to send children who commit to staying in school to nonprofit, resident camps which will empower them to develop to their full potential.