Camp Taconic has a long standing tradition of being involved with many philanthropic organizations. We teach our campers about the importance of giving back and caring for others, as well as help them to evolve into selfless, loyal and passionate people. Over the years Taconic has participated and donated toward many charitable causes including SCOPE (Summer Camp Opportunities Promote Education), Habitat for Humanity, Dream Boxes, The Hinsdale Food Pantry and Camp-To-Belong.
This summer we will be hosting the first annual STRIDES for SCOPE event. On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 the Camp Taconic community will participate in a walk-a-thon event that will raise funds for SCOPE, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide children in need the edge to success in life through the summer camp experience. The campers will ask parents and friends to sponsor them for this incredible event.
Our goal is to raise $20,000 and Camp Taconic will match donations up to $10,000!
CAMP TACONIC COMMUNITY – LET’S CHANGE A CHILD’S LIFE!
- $1300 will send a child to camp for a two-week session of building lifelong friendships
- $650 will send a child to camp for one week of swimming, soccer and smiles
- $500 will send a child to camp for five days of confidence building
- $100 will send a child to camp for one day of personal growth and fun
- $50 will provide transportation for a camper to go to camp
- $25 will provide art supplies for campers to be creative
SCOPE (Summer Camp Opportunities Promote Education) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide children from underserved communities with life-changing opportunities through the experience of summer camp. SCOPE helps fund camp scholarships (camperships) to send children who commit to staying in school to nonprofit, resident camps which will empower them to develop to their full potential.